Codemasters have just given us information that Colin McRae Rally 04 will be released on PS2 and XBox in September 2003. We have also posted 8 new screenshots for both the Xbox and PS2 versions of the game.:
It's the rally game reinvented by the people who invented the rally game and you're getting it sooner than you think: Colin McRae Rally 04 will launch late September for PlayStation 2 and Xbox. The September launch is not the only surprise Codemasters has lined up. The engine that drives the series' sublime car handling has been enhanced to a new level of detail. Previously the car handling employed a steering aid, which had the effect of making the car move around a central pivot point. Now the aid's been removed, effectively taking the stabilisers off, providing for a more professional, realistic and natural handling experience and you'll notice the difference, especially when performing skids and powerslides.See more about CMR 04 here.
We've also increased the number of terrain surface types from 20 to 34, and tyre types from 10 to 19, to ensure the handling on different surfaces and weather conditions is more accurate than ever before.
Creating a new playing experience for the 6-million-selling series' fans, the high-end handling is beautifully balanced with the game's rally stages. Maximising the rally gaming experience that tests both the cars and the player's rallying skills, Colin McRae Rally 04 is set to be the rally event of the year when its published by Codemasters for PlayStation 2 and Xbox in late September. Stay in the driving seat with all the latest on the game at the new website found at www.codemasters.com/colinmcrae04.
Colin McRae Rally 04 Key Points
- Choose from over 20 rally cars and compete in 8 game modes including 4-wheel drive, 2-wheel drive, Group B and Expert Championships (with single and multiplayer options).
- New, faster game engine for improved textures, new animated environments, and incredibly detailed terrain visuals. Enhanced replay cameras and new in-game "bumper cam" also feature.
- 8 international rally locations (UK, Sweden, USA, Finland, Australia, Spain, Greece, Japan), 6 rally stages in each, 8 shakedown events, and 4 Superspecial stages.
- Part testing challenges - earn new car technology by completing part tests between rallies.
- Masses of multiplayer modes and ghost car racing.
- Create your own Custom Rally with favourites stages or themed stages.
- Full set-up and repair options and detailed pre-race stage briefings.
- Normal, advanced and expert damage settings. Plus 'damage cam': see the impact on your car post-race.