Slightly Mad Studios have released build 432 of Project CARS, making various improvements and fixes to the simulation. The biggest changes are the inclusion in first builds of the Mustang Boss 302R1 and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X FQ400, as well as improved API ability.
A full list of changes can be seen below, and to download you'll need to update via the WMD Launcher.
We've added previews of the new cars to our screenshots and videos pages.
Build 432 (21/3/13, Team Member+)
* Addition of planer reflection rendering. This is an alternative approach to what we have in game currently. The task is its own renderloop that reuses tasks built for the the main scene It is currently enabled in the FE.
* Change required for how the cameras are setup.
* WIP fog settings on all clear and light to heavy cloud conditions – distant haze increase during the day and a touch more haze around twilight times as that wasn’t really noticeable before.
Sun in emap setting added to overcasts, foggy and rainy conditions. This reduces the amount of sun light in reflections and ambinet convolves and is needed as a work around because cloud shadows don’t draw in emaps.
* Evo_X AI pitch randomisation tweak
* adding Mustang AI sounds
* mustang set updated for levels and latest load curves
* Mustang engine updated with latest load curves and exhaust resonation and experimental distance DSP.
* switching on Evo X engine set plus balancing settings
* updated Evo X fdp balancing for inclusion
* Adding Mustang engine fdp (basic)
* Lotus 49. New tyre carcass. basiclly more twist and softer bow stiffness. Should have the effect of higher peak slip angles. very slight drop in base grip.
* Caterham Classic, and R500. New tread compounds. R500 get a more “trackday” like tire. Setup tweaks to both cars to take advantage of tire changes. Bumpsteer remove from the front suspension geometry and steering quickened.
* Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evo_X_FQ400_preAlpha0.01_v1.175 – LODX WIP, fixed a few holes in cockpit.
* M3 GT4 and Boss 302R1: adjusted spawn offsets
* Mustang Boss 302R1: fixed LOD issues. No real cockpit yet, so no need for bug reports, thank you
* California_Raceway_Prealpha0.48_v1.175 -fixed missing inner collisions with trackside objects -added night skyrings -added dynamic traffic cones -added pit in and out triggers
* Volusia_circuit_Prealpha1.11_v1.175 -raised outer and inner collision walls and optimized them( they were using the render mesh before), fixed pit-in-out triggers, fixed collision issue with twall/safer wall, repathed textures
* Volusia_Prealpha1.11_v1.175 -raised outer and inner collision walls and optimized them( they were using the render mesh before), fixed pit-in-out triggers, fixed collision issue with twall/safer wall, repathed textures
* tracklights files for Belgian Forest circuit
* crowds – updated skinning (grid girls, mechanics, marshals)
* ART – polished skinning for crowds