As promised, a big day for racing fans looking forward to F1 2010 as the game has now been officially announced by Codemasters. Here is all the information released today: -
* F1 2010 will be released on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC in September 2010.
* Two brand new high resolution screenshots of the game have been released, which are available here.
* As stated before, the preview screenshots include 2009 season cars and the 2010 cars will be modelled shortly.
* The game will be released just prior to the Korean Grand Prix, meaning that racing game fans will be able to drive the track before the drivers do!
Whilst this was the news officially released about the game, the following details have also emerged from Codemasters: -
* The game will form part of a yearly series, each year building on the previous title.
* F1 2010 is not based at all on the F1 2009 (Wii) code.
* The physics system has been completely re-engineered given the rule changes for the F1 2010 season.
* The Codemasters team are very proud of the dynamic weather system.
* Damage model is based on upgraded code from GRID and DIRT 2.
* Contrary to previous information, the tracks are NOT laser scanned but Codemasters is confident they have a track creation method just as good.
* Unfortunately due to time constraints a safety car & formation lap has not been included, but will be considered for future titles.
* A feeder series will not be included as the team want to focus on the main game.
* Split screen will not feature, development time has focused on online and offline multiplayer instead.
As you can see, plenty of information to digest and whet appetites. We will bring you more information as we get it - SimRacingWorld will also be attending an event for the game next Wednesday and will bring you updates and content from there.
You'll find more about the game on our F1 2010 game profile. Don't forget to post your comments below and on our forums. You can also keep up to date by following us on Twitter.