A list of official specifications / features for Grand Prix 3.
By Team SimRacingWorld
8 July 2001
The Formula One car racing simulation of the complete Grand Prix season featuring all the circuits, all the teams, all the drivers and all the cars reproduced accurately as licensed by the FOA, the sport's governing body. Featuring Driving Aids for rookies, Quick Race, Non-Championship Races and the complete Championship Season with full qualifying and practice days, pit stops, complete car set ups and data logging.
Unparalleled attention to detail, no other simulation comes as close to the real feeling of driving a F1 car. Created by Geoff Crammond, the genius behind the best sellers F1 Grand Prix and Grand Prix 2.
- All the teams, all the drivers, all the tracks and all the races of the 1998 Championship Season
- Official FI Licensed product endorsed by the FOA, Formula One's governing body
- Compete in Quick Race, Non-Championship Race or the full Championship Season
- Five Levels of Difficulty from Rookie to Ace
- Eight Driving Aids including Auto Brakes, Auto Gears, Self-correcting Spin, Indestructible, Ideal Line, and Suggested Gear, Throttle help and Steering help.
- Virtual cockpit
- Highly detailed vehicle/track 3D graphics in both hardware and software modes
- Weather effects
Standard car set-up options including:
- Front/Rear wings
- Brake balance
- Gear ratios
Advanced Car Set up procedures include adjustments to:
- Ride Height
- Anti-Roll Bars with full reference guide
Highly detailed performance analysis including data logging with a wealth of information on each saved lap including:
- Steering Demand
- Gear Use
- Ride Height (for each wheel)
- Suspension Travel (for each wheel)
- Wheel Spin (for each wheel)
- Longitudinal & lateral acceleration
A wide range of TV-style and Game-style camera.
Multiplayer on LAN for 4+.
Completely rebuilt simulation system featuring new Physics, Full Tumble, etc.
Technology leading F1audio including 3D sound.