By Team SimRacingWorld
6 May 2006
- Test Drive Unlimited is redefining the racing genre online with M.O.O.R. (Massively Open Online Racing) allowing thousands of gamers to meet up in the same game world simultaneously and race against up to 7 other players at one time. The seamless online connection offers unlimited new challenges, opponents and competitions as well as monthly additions of vehicles, aftermarket parts, clothes and apparel.
- Incredibly realistic rival driver AI in the single player game, almost indiscernible from the real thing.
- More than 125 licensed vehicles from exclusive manufacturers including Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ducati, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Saleen, Shelby, and Jaguar.
- Realistic cars and bikes: Amazing render quality and unrivalled interior details including full car functions such as radio, electric windows, horn, wipers and more.
- Personalisation: Upgrade each car or bike with options from the actual manufacturers' catalogue. Players create characters, buy new homes and garages, and tune and upgrade vehicles with aftermarket parts.
- Create challenges or races from more than 50 game rules and settings. Upload self-created challenges online to become part of the player community.
- A gathering of communities: Players can create or join a club to talk, chat, trade, race or organize club-based competitions and tournaments.
- Simplified match making and division based rankings make this game the most comprehensive and accessible online racing experience.
New Features for the single player version announced July, 2006:
* Collect and drive more than 90 of the world's most exclusive dream cars around the vast tropical road system spanning the Hawaiian island of Oahu.
* Single player challenges to boost cred and bank balance are playable at any time whether the player is on or offline.
* In single player, gamers can customise their character from hair colour to designer threads, get hooked up with a fine crib in the hills, and fill their garages with sleek automotive works of art.
* The many specific single player challenges include winning all the preset races against up to seven bots, time challenges, speed trap challenges, missions to deliver goods, hitchhikers, and vehicles with good driving and within time limits, and even pulling a top model.
* Non-driving achievements include owning 50 cars, 3 bikes, 15 houses, and even having a wardrobe packed with 10 or more Marc Ecko and Ben Sherman outfits
* Rival driver AI is almost indiscernible from the behaviour of the real thing - sometimes they accept challenges to race, sometimes they don't, and they always drive hard.
* The progress that players make both on and offline in Test Drive Unlimited all counts towards their profile, with many achievements, such as racking up more than 10,000 miles on the clock, possible online, offline or by using a combination of both.
* To become overall Test Drive Unlimited Champion players need to master all the challenges in both the online multiplayer and single player game.